Wednesday 29 June 2011

Birthdays and Bon Vogagez..

The past few weeks have been quite emotional from our family point of view. I said goodbye to two sisters who are off Au Pairing in London and Spain and to my husband who had to fly home to renew his passport. On top of that we had two birthdays, my sister, who's going to Barcelona, 20th and my Grandmother's 70th, so cupcakes had to be made. I made the yummy treats with fresh raspberries picked especially for us by my sister and little cousins from their allotment outside their house. You can see more on the wonders of said allotment over on my other sister's blog, Bluebells and Bunting and I will be doing a Sunday Samples this coming Sunday on my method for these cupcakes.
Anyway due to all these circumstances I have been incredibly busy and not at home and unable to blog. We travelled to West Cork where my Grandparents live, for my Grandmother's birthday. It's possibly the most beautiful place in the world.
I am now in my home town chilling out and trying to keep myself occupied amongst wonderful old friends until my husband returns. Amina is of course missing her Daddy terribly and is quite unsettled so we took a trip to the newly opened Dublin Disney Store before we left, much to Amina's delight. I have to say though, I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, Amina or myself. Amina has been know as Minnie ever since she was born so it was only fitting that we purchased a few Minnie Mouse dinner table accessories for the little princess.

We are here, at home, until Friday when we will make the journey back to Dublin, Child, Dog and enough luggage to fill two wardrobes, just in time for lots of beauty bookings over the next week, a girls night and within enough time to clean the house before hubby returns and of course to catch up on blogging. Hope ya'll are enjoying your summer, hopefully the weather is better where you are than it is here and have safe travels if you are venturing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment