Saturday 30 July 2011

~To Smile ~

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.  ~Mark Twain, Following the Equator

To smile, to light up the face, to look at the world and express the sunshine you feel inside. A few little things that have made me smile over the last few weeks which have been so crazy busy for me. Due to the fact that I don't really do any daily personal posts you don't really get much of an insight into who I am. This feature is about sharing a little bit more of me.


While I was in my hometown last month I stayed with my Dad for a week. These flapjacks are one of his favourite sweet snacks so I whipped up a batch for him. They disappeared within 24 hours. Super yummy and so easy to make so I will do a Sunday Sample on them in a couple of weeks.


I spent alot of time with some really really good friends that I have know since I was a small child. They had a bbq one night and set off some oh so pretty chinese lanterns.


When I got home I was looking after my little cousins for the week, which Amina loved. We made chocolate cupcakes which were devoured.


I love gardening and spending time in my garden. I love making a garden another destination point within a home to spend time with friends and family. I bought these lanterns in Penneys for one euro each, they had been reduced from 4. I couldn't resist. My garden is almost bbq ready and with my birthday coming up soon as well as the Other Royal Wedding, Ms. Kardashian's on the 20th of August a few friends and I will be having a few drinks on her behalf. Any excuse to spend time with friends and enjoy the surroundings. I will post a picture of the lanterns at night with the candles in them soon.


My new camera (Which of course I had to get in hot pink), and means I will be uploading alot more personal pictures. I'm absolutely loving having a camera that isn't from the dark ages and that creates really gorgeous pictures. It's not a a top of the range or professional like camera but it suits me down to the ground. I have been taking alot of pictures since I got the camera and I will be sharing some which I will be showing you in other upcoming To Smile Posts.
So what has made you smile recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment