Monday 15 August 2011

Monday MUST HAVE

Big Glasses. Need I say any more. A fashionista staple piece. An item that every girl should have in their collection. Some are never seen without them, some rock them to hold back a bad hair day. Hater Blockers or Paparazzi Shields or even just a cover up for not wearing any makeup. I have to admit I am obsessed with big sunglasses. I wear them everywhere even during the winter. I'm not crazy, the light hurts my eyes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. When it comes to the style stars it doesn't matter whether the go aviator or square, tortoiseshell, black or white, as long as the frame is big then it's all good.


 If there is any style stars that I could replicate their collections it's the Kardashians. I swear you rarely see these girls in the same glasses more than once. An impressive collection of every brand under the sun and all of which absolutely fabulous.


 Or Nicole Richie, a self confessed sunglasses buff. She told Teen Vogue that she owns has 200 pairs and is the proud owner of every pair of House of Harlow 1960 sunglasses she ever designed. Jealous much?


I am of the opinion that you should invest in at least one pair of really good sunglasses. I have a gorgeous pair of Chanels that I bought years ago and when my daughter was about 5 months old she knocked them off my head onto the kitchen tiles. I shed a tear I have to admit. I also own a gorgeous pair of Ralph Lauren Aviators which I adore. Making up the rest of my collection are an Accessorize large rimmed pair which I got for 7 euro in the sale last year and some River Island and H&M pairs. And I will say this now I way prefer the designer ones, not just because they're designer but because the fit, the don't slide off my nose or head and they don't pinch behind my ears. I really believe that sunglasses are an investment and if looked after well will stand the test of time.
So here are my picks of the sunglasses on offer.

Today:

             E15.38                                   Both Asos                           E19.23
Both Asos    E15.38
Both River Island    £12.99

Payday:
       Gianfranco Ferre E117.94                         Vivienne Westwood E128.20
Both House of Harlow 1960 $125
       Marc by Marc Jacobs E160.25                     Roberto Cavalli E160.25

Some Day:
     Alexander McQueen E242.30                                D&G E271.78
                   Chanel E205                                           Tom Ford E352.55
                   Balenciaga $345                                 Victoria Beckham $470
 Do you die for those Amazing Balenciagas. I swear if ever a scratch card went my way some of these would be my first port of call. Check out Asos for a fab selection of both highstreet and high end sunglasses. Alot of what I've shown here can be purchased from Asos. The Victoria Beckham, Balenciaga and Chanel and aren't on Asos and generally have to be bought in store or places like Brown Thomas. You have to be very careful buying online for fear of copycats for these particular brands. House of Harlow 1960 can be bought from Singer 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment