Tuesday 16 August 2011

Acessorize 70's Style

This trend is all about Hats, the Chelsea Boots, loafers and Platforms. Fabulous jewellery with feathers, dream catchers and the gorgeous mix of silver and turquoise. Things like fringing, suede and leathers are HUGE!! Lots of fur trims and ladies make faux is fabulous. Friendship bracelets have made a comeback and join agave stones and leaf designs. I used to make alot of jewellery like friendship bracelets and different things with seed beads when I was younger. Two Canadian girls moved to my small little town and brought all the great beads with them. While I was in my home town recently I went into the attic to see what still remained and I found what was left of my bead collection. Then while babysitting my uncles kids a couple of weeks later I came across a book of friendship bracelet designs which sparked off the interest again. Since then I have been making little bits at home for my trip this week. I'll put up photos soon of my creations.
Anyway here are my picks of the Accessories on the highstreet.

Boots and Shoes:
All Available from River Island

Bags:
All River Island
All Topshop
                      Aldo at Asos                                                Asos

Hats:
                       River Island                                                                                            Asos

Headpieces:
                                   Topshop                                                                                            Asos

Scarves:
                                                                     Topshop                                                                                          River Island

Necklaces:
             Topshop                                                                                       River Island
Asos

Earrings:
River Island
Topshop
Asos

Bracelets:
                                  River Island                                                                                        Asos

Rings:
                                        Asos                                                    River Island

I have included all the usual pieces here for jewellery and accessories but something interesting and a little different that has emerged for this 70s trend is the ear cuff. It's really boho, hippyish and uber cute.

I'm absolutely loving those headpieces. I love the look of long flowing beach hair with the some feathers peeking out and the "boho tiara", so cute. What do you think of the 70's Trend Accessories? Is the Ear Cuff something you reckon you could rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment