Wednesday 4 May 2011

Met Ball 2011 Style Stars

For the Met Ball, the style was beyond AMAZING but there were definitely a few that stood out to me, both good and bad. Here are some of my favourites

Doutzen Kroes in Giambattista Valli

I picked these two outfits for the simple reason as both girls have absolutely stayed true to their own style, Janelle Monae with her signature Menswear look and Jessica Szohr with her boho look and the fact the she is also in Topshop is kind of cool.

From Left Roasario Dawson in Diane Von Furstenburg, Shalom Harlow in Marchesa and Ashley Green in Donna Karen

Jessica Stam in Tommy Hilfiger

Crystal Renn in Zac Posen

I love how unusual Crystal Renn's dress is. When it comes to the Met Ball the thought that springs to mind is go big or go home so I think this fits the bill perfectly. But isn't Crystal Renn supposed to be flying the flag for the Real Women

Freida Pinto in Chanel
I love the individuality of this dress, it's doesn't have thh Princess effect of alot of the dresses and it was one of the only white dresses on show on the night. It fits her like a glove and her figure is amazing. And don't even get me started on how amazing her skin is..

Jennifer Hudson in Vera Wang

Simply WOW.. Stunner!

Isabel Lucas in Louis Vuitton
I think Isable Lucas is one of the most beautiful girls in the industry at the moment, from her humble beginnings in Home and Away she has done so well. I love all these pieces but I think altogether is slightly overpowering. That simple rule of take off one accessory before you leave the house would have definitely been worth following on this occassion. I think if she took off the earrings and changed them for a simple stud it would have been alot nicer. Still like it though.

Maggie Q in Tadashi Shoji

Bar Rafaeli unsure of Designer

Lea Michele in Escada
So these were a few of my favourite dresses that I haven't already shown you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Blake Lively's dress by Chanel and also Love Taylor Swift's dress by J Mendel Couture. There are also a few dresses in the Date Night post that I love Mainly Jessica Alba in Ralph Lauren and my favourite Lala Vasquez's dress designed by Vera Wang. What did you think? Who were your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment