Monday 16 May 2011

Monday MUST HAVE

For my Monday MUST HAVE this week I've decided to keep with the theme of the current trend that I have been showcasing. As I have decided to break up the trend for each of my additional posts so each post is a little about each facet of the trend. My ONE X 5 will be on my Ultimate favourite jeans and one of my MUST HAVEs the Skinny Cargo Jean and for steal her style I will stick with an ultimate style star and go with the Sport Luxe side so the MUST HAVE for this week is THE JUMPSUIT/PLAYSUIT, covering of course the Urban side of the trend.


This piece of clothing comes in both the longer length, the jumpsuit and the shorter length, the playsuit (or romper as it's know in the U.S). Both fabulous articles of clothing, both MUST HAVES. The jumpsuit is great for a sophisticated night out if you go for a silky or satin fabric in a block colour or metallic. The playsuit is the primary article of clothing for festival fashion and definitely something everybody should have in their closet.
So who's wearing it, well the simple answer to that is Everyone.

Celebs in Jumpsuits





And in the stars wearing Playsuits





And these are just a small few. This would definitely be a trend that celebrities are very fond of. Here are some of my favourites available now.

Today:

Forever 21
E19.75
Forever 21
E15.75
Forever 21
E19.75
New Look
£22.99
River Island
£17.99

Pay Day:

Lipsy
£32
Asos
E44.87
Goldie at Topshop
£56

River Island
£34.99
New Look
£25.99
New Look
£29.99
Miss Selfridge
£38
Asos
E57.69
Asos
E64.10
Kookai at Asos
E147.43
Topshop
£42
Miss Selfridge
£34
Rare at Asos
E50
Vero Moda at Asos
E41.04
Warehouse
E60

Some Day:
Young Fabulous and Broke
$369
T Bags
$198


Matthew Williamson
$609.95
Halston Heritage
E217.31
Twelfth St by Cynthia Vincent
E152.12






L.A.M.B
E254.19

Twenty 8 Twelve by S.Miller
$379
Haute Hippy
$465




Mara Hoffman
Unsure of Price

I will always give a warning when it comes to jumpsuit trend. When it's right it's fantastic, but when it goes wrong it goes really wrong. For girls like me strapless and bandeau style jumpsuits are a big no no, I have a large chest and broad shoulders, these style will make me look even bigger. Be careful too when it comes to the dreaded camel toe, it's not cute so avoid like the plague. If you feel like the dreaded is appearing go a size up, it's not the end of the world, sizes are always different and shouldn't be followed adamently at all.


And most importantly girls, be fabulous not a flasher


All the designer clothes can be found on Shopbop and Revolve or look at the designer's websites for further inspiration.
What do ya'll think, will you splurge or stay with the pennys for this trend? Do you like the Jumpsuit/Playsuit?

No comments:

Post a Comment